Frequently Asked Questions


What if I don't have a birth certificate or the state can't find a record of my birth?

If you do NOT have a previous U.S. passport or a certified birth certificate, you will need:

A Letter of No Record

Issued by the State with your name, date of birth, which years were searched for a birth record and that there is no birth certificate on file for you.

You also may need the following if possible:

  • Baptismal certificate
  • Hospital birth certificate
  • Census record
  • Early school record
  • Family bible record
  • Doctor's record of post-natal care

Step 1 - Simple

Please select which type of passport service you need:


Your Data is safe and securely transmitted